Saturday, February 21, 2009

Historians will be kind to his presidency

While George W. Bush will not go down as this country's best president, I believe history and historians will be much kinder to him than those trying to analyze his accomplishments now. September 11, 2001 forever altered his presidency. Whatever he had hoped to accomplish was set aside to focus on keeping America and Americans safe and to rid terrorism by spreading Democracy. While he was never the conservative I had hoped he would be (I was not a supporter of his until he tapped Dick Cheney to be his vice president), I am grateful for what he did to protect this country. May God bless his path as he transitions to life after politics.

2 comments:

  1. horse hockey, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time will tell. Let's meet back here in 20-25 years. I was not a big fan of G.W.'s in the 2000 primary (he was fifth on my list), but I appreciated how he handled Sept. 11. I always recognize I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete