Friday, February 13, 2009

A Great American

The Daily Record's dean of the reporting corps, Paul Locher, attended a function at University of Akron Wayne College in Orrville earlier this week about the Tuskegee Airmen, and Arthur Saunders, one of the airmen and a Cleveland-area architect, was the featured speaker.

To learn about all they went through and what they had to overcome was inspiring. I have been known to whine a little when things don't go my way, but what I have faced is nothing compared to the challenges they faced. The story is running in Saturday's edition of The Daily Record.

So, to Mr. Saunders and all of his colleagues, thank you for your service to our country. People like you help to make this the best country in the world. (I am biased, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment